Sunday, April 04, 2010

Flowering Lophophora fricii

I don’t have many mature Lophophora fricii plants in my collection (but have quite a few seedling plants “in the works”). Last year one of my few adult L. fricii plants put out several of its characteristic large, striking pink flowers, reminding me why I need to grow more plants of this species ;-)

Lophophora fricii flower
Lophophora fricii flower

This particular Lophophora fricii plant was started from seed in the spring of 2002 and is, after a slow start (and some neglect), developing into a nice mature specimen.

Flowering Lophophora fricii
Flowering Lophophora fricii

I don’t have any locality information for this plant; it was started from seed before I went nerdy and started bothering about “details” like that ;-)

4 comments:

  1. arthur kundaliniApril 04, 2010 4:41 PM

    hello , I am from Brazil , I love your blog , very nice fricci , I have one fricci , but it don´t give me this beautifull flower yet.

    thanx for the amazing blog , we are in contact !! peace and love .

    arthur kundalini

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...before I went nerdy..." :D

    I can definitely relate to that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing picture i have not seen this kind of flower before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts